Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Credit to Cova

A farewell dinner was organized on Nov 14, 2007 for a uncle and his family who came visiting HK from San Francisco. I thought I should buy a cake as our regard to them. I arrived at Cova around 7:00pm and decided to buy a cake of popular flavor. Their Mixed Fruits Cream Dome, a chiffon sponge cake topped with mixed fruits and a Cova's chocolate plate and filled with mixed fruit and whipped cream, was the one I looked for, but its topping became dry out a bit. Since I was already late for the dinner, I was obliged to ask the staff to wrap that for me and told her my comment to the topping. She was so nice that giving a suggestion of replacing the current topping with the fresh one. Besides, the original topping contained sliced mango, kiwi and strawberry, but they didn't have anymore kiwi left at that time. Therefore, she asked me if I would mind to have some blueberries instead of kiwi. Surely, I didn't mind because her service was excellent. I dare to bet that not every salesperson would provide such good services!

Cova is one of my favorite cake shop because their cakes are quite special and all of their shops are located inside the popular malls. However, the cake shop that possesses my appreciation the most is Zoe.

0 comments: